Media Cloud is a set of tools and a database to support quantitative analysis of online news. Any one can use the suite of free tools to investigate media attention, language, and influence online.
- Read More: mediacloud.org
- Try it out: explorer.mediacloud.org
- The Institute for Digital Public Infrastructure @ UMass Amherst
- Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society @ Harvard University
Recent Related Blog Posts
- Upcoming talk at PaCSS’22: Partisan Media Coverage and Intersectionality
- ICA’22 Poster: Politicization and Polarization of Pandemic News Coverage
- Swiped: How dating apps harm marginalized communities
- Pandemic news coverage is falling, but cases keep rising
- Roberts, H., Bhargava, R., Valiukas, L., Jen, D., Malik, M., Bishop, C., Ndulue, E., Dave, A., Clark, J., Etling, B., Faris, R., Shah, A., Rubinovitz, J., Hope, A., D’Ignazio, C., Bermejo, F., Benkler, Y., Zuckerman, E. (2021). Media Cloud: Massive Open Source Collection of Global News on the Open Web. Presented at the 2021 International Conference on Web and Social Media (ICWSM’21), Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- Bhargava, R. & Bishop, C. (2020). Mapping and Visualizing News Images for Media Research. (Boston, MA, 2020).
- Bhargava, R., Dave, A., Papakyriakopoulos, O. (2020). Investigating Attention and Influence Online with Media Cloud. Tutorial presented at the 14th International Conference on Web and Social Media, Atlanta, GA, USA.
- Zuckerman, E., Matias, J., Bhargava, R., Bermejo, F., & Ko, A. (2019) Whose Death Matters? A Quantitative Analysis of Media Attention to Deaths of Black Americans in Police Confrontations, 2013–2016. International Journal of Communication. 13, 27.